Env vars in devvm - VM_PROJECT "demoshop" vs. "suite"

Hi there,

I’ve managed to get devvm running on my LMDE2 (jessie) host system with latest virtualbox / vagrant versions setup and the code of https://github.com/spryker-shop/suite inside the project folder.

I followed the https://academy.spryker.com/getting_started/installation_guide.html and builded and started the vm with the command:

VM_PROJECT=suite SPRYKER_REPOSITORY="git@github.com:spryker-shop/suite.git" vagrant up

So, in my /etc/hosts file there are several “*.suite.local” entries placed, but if I tried to access Yves (or Zed) I got following exception message:

Spryker\\Yves\\Application\\Plugin\\Exception\\InvalidUrlConfigurationException - Incorrect HOST_YVES config, expectedwww.de.suite.local, gotwww.de.demoshop.local. Set the URLs in your Shared/config_default_DE.php or env specific config files.

I found several “*.demoshop.local” entries inside the project folder, but any changes did not apply. I also disabled PHP opcache (checked via phpinfo();). Phpinfo told me also that “demoshop” was defined for the variables VM_DOMAIN and VM_PROJECT.

My “solution” was to add following PHP code at the beginning of the file public/Yves/index.php:

putenv('VM_DOMAIN=suite'); putenv('VM_PROJECT=suite');

With this I can access the shop frontend. I tried to find the definition of these both env vars, but I did not found it until now.

Can you tell me please where these both env variables will be set in the box?

Hello,

Can you post the contents of the .vm file located in the same folder as Vagrantfile (one level up of the project folder).

Regards,
The Forum Team

Hi Volodymyr,

thanks for fast reply. Here the content of my .vm file:

cat .vm
VM_PROJECT=‘suite’
VM_IP=‘10.10.0.226’
VM_MEMORY=‘3200’
VM_CPUS=‘4’
VM_NAME=‘Spryker Dev VM (suite)’
VM_DOMAIN=‘suite’
VM_SKIP_SF=‘0’
VM_IS_WINDOWS=‘0’
SPRYKER_BRANCH=‘master’
SPRYKER_REPOSITORY=‘git@github.com:spryker-shop/suite.git’

Ho Volodymyr,

I’ve managed to solve my problem. I think something went wrong at my initial setup.

My solution:

I’ve had to run vagrant provision to get the variables from the .vm file loaded into the box. After a vagrant halt and a restart with VM_PROJECT=suite SPRYKER_REPOSITORY="git@github.com:spryker-shop/suite.git" vagrant up, I cound verify that “suite” was set (via echo $VM_PROJECT).

One more question:

Do I have to run the long vagrant up command every time or does it suffice once and after that vagrant up is enough?

Greetings :slight_smile:

Hi Steffen,

Just

vagrant up

is enough.

WBR
Valerii